- (1.2) "Non Personally Identifiable Information" refers to information that does not identify a specific individual by itself or in combination with other information. BG Jewels may gather certain information about you such as age, date of birth, gender, as well as consumer purchasing information based on the pages you visit on this website. This information may be compiled and analyzed on both a personal and an aggregated basis. This information may include the website's Uniform Resource Locator ("URL") that you just came from, which URL you next go to, what browser you are using, and your Internet Protocol ("IP") address. A URL is the global address of documents and other resources on the Internet. An IP address is an identifier for a computer or device on a Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol ("TCP/IP") network, such as the Internet. Networks use the TCP/IP protocol to route information based on the IP address of the destination. In other words, an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Internet, allowing Internet servers to locate and identify your computer. Computers require IP addresses for users to communicate on the Internet and browse.
2. Information BG Jewels Collects
Personally Identifiable Information BG Jewels may collect personally Identifiable Information when you inquire about its services:
- (a) Request product information;
- (b) Enter a contest or sweepstakes;
- (c) Participate in a marketing survey, promotion or event either online or offline;
- (d) Correspond with BG Jewels;
- (e) Otherwise volunteer information.
3. Use of Data BG Jewels Collects
3.1 Personally Identifiable Information. BG Jewels always wants to provide you with the best possible browsing experience. In order to do this, BG Jewels uses your Personally Identifiable Information to allow it to:
- (a) Provide the information you request;
- (b) Send you catalogs or promotional offers BG Jewels believes will be of interest to you;
- (c) Identify your product and service preferences;
- (d) Customize our communications to you;
- (e) Provide information concerning product recalls or products you have purchased;
- (f) Improve our merchandise selection and customer service.
Your email address will not be shared with any third parties. Instructions for unsubscribing from any newsletters, promotions or non-transactional related emails are included in every email.
3.2 Non-Personally Identifiable Information:
- (a) BG Jewels uses the Non-Personally Identifiable Information that BG Jewels collects from its customers and other visitors in a manner that does not personally identify any individual. BG Jewels uses Non-Personally Identifiable Information to make its website more interesting and useful to you. BG Jewels also tracks the pages or documents accessed within its website. This information is collected for systems administration and for analyzing and improving the value of the material available on the BG Jewels website. This Non-Personally Identifiable Information is used to help BG Jewels's advertisers or BG Jewels's site design team create advertisements our guests might like.
- (b) Like many other commercial sites, our website utilizes standard technologies called "cookies" to collect information about how the website is used. A cookie is a small data text file, that a website stores on your computer's hard drive (if your web browser permits) that can later be retrieved to identify you to BG Jewels. Cookies are designed to help a website recognize a user's browser as a previous visitor and thus save and remember any preferences that may have been set while the user was browsing the site. A cookie cannot be read by a website other than the one that set the cookie. Cookies can securely store a customer's password, personalize home pages or identify which parts of a site have been visited. For instance, cookies allow us to prepopulate (or fill in) an email field with your email address if you revisit one of our website and request information. A cookie cannot retrieve any other data from your hard drive, pass on a computer virus, or capture your email address.
- (c) When you click through to the BG Jewels website from a promotional email, its third-party advertising service partner may send a cookie to your hard drive recording your IP address and other related information.
4. Information BG Jewels Shares with Others
- (a) BG Jewels contracts with other companies (shippers, electronic direct marketing companies, sweepstakes promoters, website developers) to provide certain services to BG Jewels to fulfill information requests, provide sweepstakes and create its website. In some instances, these contractors may have access to Personally Identifiable Information but they are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality of the information and to use it only for purposes of carrying out the business of BG Jewels.
- (b) These companies are prohibited by contract from using this information for their own marketing purposes or from sharing this information with anyone other than BG Jewels.
4.2 Third Parties
- (a) From time to time, BG Jewels makes its postal mailing list (names and postal addresses only) available to carefully screened companies whose products BG Jewels believes will be of interest to you. If you prefer that BG Jewels not share any information with these companies, please contact the address shown above.
- (b) Your email address is never shared with any third party (except as described above to our contractors who use it ONLY to carry out BG Jewels business.)
5. Disclosure Exceptions
Notwithstanding the above policies, BG Jewels reserves the right to disclose your personal information to appropriate third parties if BG Jewels is required to do so by law or BG Jewels believes that such action is necessary:
- (a) To comply with legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order;
- (b) To protect the company's rights and property;
- (c) To investigate reports of fraud or of users sending material using a false e-mail address or users sending harassing, threatening, or abusive messages;
- (d) To protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the BG Jewels website; or
- (e) During emergencies, such as when BG Jewels believes someone's physical safety is at risk.
6. Your Choices
- 6.1 BG Jewels offers choices about the types of information you receive from it. If you prefer not to receive product information or other communications from BG Jewels or if you prefer to receive them less frequently, please contact the address shown above.
- 6.2 Please be sure to provide your exact name and address, or the mailing label from your catalog, so that BG Jewels can be sure to identify you correctly. Because mailings are planned in advance, it may take several weeks for your request to become effective. If, due to human error, you continue to receive unwanted communications, please contact Michel Hill again and BG Jewels will make every effort to correct the situation.
7. Use of Email
BG Jewels will send you promotional email only if you have agreed to receive it. Instructions on how to unsubscribe are included in each edition of the newsletter. Your email address will be used only to respond to your request and will not be shared with any third parties. Instructions for unsubscribing are included in every email containing promotional material.
8. Links to Other website
Occasionally BG Jewels provides links on its website to other sites BG Jewels thinks you will enjoy. These sites operate independently of BG Jewels and have established their own privacy and security policies. BG Jewels does not have any control over the privacy practices of these sites. For the best online experience, BG Jewels strongly encourages you to review these policies at any site you visit.
It is BG Jewels's intent to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information that it has collected from you. BG Jewels employs reasonable security measures to protect the security of the information you submit to us. BG Jewels limits the information BG Jewels provides to outside companies with whom BG Jewels contracts to only what they need to carry out their responsibilities.
10. Privacy of Children on the BG Jewels Website
The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act imposes certain requirements on websites directed toward children under 13 that collect information on those children, or on websites that know they are collecting Personally Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. BG Jewels wants to let you know that it currently is its policy not to collect Personally Identifiable Information from any person under 13 because children are not permitted to use this website, and BG Jewels requests that children under the age of 13 not submit any Personally Identifiable Information to us through the website. If BG Jewels learns that it has inadvertently gathered Personally Identifiable Information from children under 13, it will promptly erase such information from its records.
11. Policy Changes
If BG Jewels makes changes to any terms or conditions of the Policy, the changes will be posted on this portion of the website so that you will always know what information BG Jewels gathers, how BG Jewels might use that information, to whom BG Jewels may disclose it and what choices you have. Please be sure to check this page before proceeding to use the BG Jewels website.
12. Questions or Comments
BG Jewels welcomes any and all questions and feedback. For privacy-related issues, please contact email@example.com